Saturday 8 May 2010

Langworthy Result.

Just a quick note to say a big thank you to the people of Langworthy who made the effort and came out and voted for me. I really really appreciate it and will continue to represent and work hard for you and the Ward of Langworthy along with my fellow Labour Councillor,Gina Loveday.

Commiserations to my closest contender Lib Dem Steve Middleton who fought a fair election campaign and must be distraught after the Lib Dems lost out locally and nationally.

I know it isn't going to be an easy four year term as the national government will target local authorities for cuts etc. There are going to have to be some very hard decisions taken, which as a councillor you have to do and I know that some decisions are very emotive that some people oppose.

I am proud and privileged to be able to serve the city of my birth, the city I love. I again thank those voters in Langworthy for making it possible.

No comments: